RMOUG Training Days 2012 will be held February 14-16, 2012, at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colorado. The RMOUG web site has many details about the conference including a high-level agenda, Schedule-at-a-Glance, list of presenters, and list of sessions.
In what has become a recent tradition, the first afternoon of Tuesday, February 14, features University Sessions. Although these University Sessions require a separate fee beyond the normal conference registration price, Oracle is offering a free Oracle Technology Network (OTN) Developer Day for the full day on Tuesday, February 14. They are offering multiple sessions including presentations on the "Java Track" such as "Simpler Enterprise Java Development with Oracle" and "Developing with JDBC, UCP, and Java in the Database." Other tracks include Oracle Application Express Track, Database Development Track, and .NET Track.
The main technical sessions at RMOUG Training Days 2012 occur on Wednesday and Thursday, February 15-16. There appears to be up to 13 sessions offered in each time slot for lots of choice in what to attend. Below is a list of some of the sessions that seem particularly interesting to me.Wednesday, February 15, 2012
- "MySQL Security Essentials" (Ronald Bradford, Session 1)
- "Leveraging the Full Power of the Oracle XML DB Repository" (Mark Drake, Session 2)
- "Oracle XML Database - Design Concepts for XML Applications that Will Perform!" (Marco Gralike , Session 3)
- "End-to-End Java: Decide When to Adopt Java in the Database and Best Practices" (Kuassi Mensah, Session 3)
- "Beyond SQL: The No SQL and Not Only SQL Movements" (Marshall Presser, Session 5)
- "Difficult Decisions" (Steven Wille, Session 6)
- "How Cloud Computing will Change your Career, Life, and Bedtime Routine" (Jordan Braunstein, Session 7)
- "Service Oriented Architecture: How it Works and How to Implement it Successfully" (Robert Mason, Session 7)
- "Things Developers Wish Managers Knew and Managers Wish Developers Knew" (Bill Jackson, Session 8)
- "JavaFX 2.0: Java in the Rich Internet Application Space" (Dustin Marx, Session 9)
- "Ruby and Oracle. You’re Going to Like the Way it Makes You Code" (George Thrower, Session 9)
- "NoSQL Deep Dive" (Gwen Shapira, Session 10)
- "Forms to Struts 2, Spring and Hibernate: Value & Gotchas" (Jigar Parsana, Session 11)
With 13 concurrent sessions offered in each of the 11 sessions slots, there are nearly 150 presentations to see at RMOUG Training Days 2012 along with the keynote presentation. Understandably, many of them cover database-oriented, DBA-oriented, and Oracle-oriented topics such as Oracle EBS R12, Oracle Exalogic, high availability, joins, indexes, SQL, RAC, TOAD, replication, performance, optimization, Fusion, and so forth.