Thursday, May 15, 2008

Presenting at Colorado Software Summit 2008

I am excited about presenting and attending Colorado Software Summit 2008 during October (19-24). The preliminary agenda for the 17th annual edition of this conference is available here and abstracts of my presentations are also available.

As is typical for most speakers at Colorado Software Summit, I will be presenting two presentations three times each. My two presentations are "Applying Flash to Java: Flex and OpenLaszlo" and "Java Management Extensions (JMX) Circa 2008." I am excited to talk about Flex, OpenLaszlo, and JMX, all of which are technologies that I enjoy and consider highly useful.

While presenting two presentations three times each obviously requires significant effort of the speakers, it is one of my favorite aspects of attending this software conference. All too often, I find that two, three, or even four presentations on my "top ten must-see presentations" at conferences are offered during the same time block or in overlapping blocks. By having each presentation offered three times each at Colorado Software Summit, I have been able to see my most anticipated presentations. The other nice benefit of this is that I've had other attendees tell me about sessions they particularly enjoyed and I could change plans to catch the second or third offering of that presentation.

No comments: